# Adding CAPTCHA verification
CAPTCHA images are used to make sure that a human is submitting the form, and it’s a good way to prevent spam emails and automated form submissions. EmailJS supports integration with the free reCaptcha (opens new window) service by Google, by requiring a CAPTCHA test to be solved in order for an email to be sent.
Only the second version of reCaptcha is supported
To add CAPTCHA support:
- Create reCaptcha (opens new window) account or login to the existing account.
- Register a new site and add your site domain to the list of domains. If you want to test the template in JSFiddle, please also add jsfiddle.net to the list.
- Follow the "client-side integration" instructions as specified in the reCaptcha dashboard.
If you are using the send method, please pass the reCaptcha token in the
- Open your template in the EmailJS template editor, go to Settings tab, and check Enable reCAPTCHA V2 verification checkbox.
- Specify the secret key obtained from reCaptcha dashboard.
After the above steps have been completed it won’t be possible to send out an email based on this template without solving a CAPTCHA test first. No additional changes are required – we will automatically send the solved CAPTCHA result along with the send email request.